To the Class of 2013
So, here we are…
The world awaits you, and I’m standing here with a bursting smile in my heart because I’ve just finished the preview of what this world is getting in you, and it looks good, very good. In fact, the word exceptional comes to mind. Before you release all your awesomeness on this world, however, let me share with you a few things I’ve learned in our class:
- Showing respect is worth every ounce of effort it takes, no matter how difficult the situation.
- Sometimes someone else’s dignity is more important than my own.
- There is something inside every individual that is not only good, but quite remarkable and worth my awe.
- Any topic I debate is never as important as the person with whom I debate.
- I must live life from a core of compassion and courage; it takes both to make a difference in this world.
These aren’t just motivational quips. I’ve held them in my heart for you all year, and they are what I’m taking with me into the next stage in my life. I challenge you to do the same.
Thank you, Class of 2013. You have been a total joy to me. Tomorrow, I will walk away from the classroom completely fulfilled as a teacher – because of you.
With much love,